Personal Training Certification Level 1
Unlike any other certification, we provide one-on-one coaching from our senior level coaches. You won’t sit through stuff you already know. In fact, we spend a 100% of the time getting you ready to train our clients. Every minute is leveraged to make you a better coach.
What is exactly is on the Certification Exam?
- We will train on all the equipment above, we’ll test on your ability correctly execute these movement patterns.
- Movement cuing: testing your knowledge on how to fix technique on basic movement patterns.
- Movement scaling tests your ability to provide alternate movements if a client has trouble with the movement.
- Mobility tests your knowledge of flexibility training and mobility training.
- Anatomy tests human anatomy (muscles, bones, joints.)
- Programming tests your ability to write a workout provided a set of requirements.
- Nutrition tests your knowledge of meal planning, macronutrients, and food prep.
- Personal Training Knowledge tests your knowledge of principles of training, exercise mechanics, and common items that everyone should know (e.g. What is a metcon?)
How is the Certification administered?
The Exam is 1.5 hours long, and you’ll need to receive a score of at least 50% to receive the certification. A passing score on the Level 1 Coaching exam is required for all Sand & Steel Coaches to begin training. The technique section is 20 minutes long and involves you actually lifting barbells and kettlebells and demonstrating technique. The other 7 sections are written and down on a computer.
Does the Level 1 Certification Include Marketing Training?
No, currently marketing training is only available to coaches taking the Mentorship Program. If you are interested in purchasing a marketing program as a stand-alone product, just let us know, and we’ll work something out with you.