Is there a course book and videos?
Yes and Yes.
Is there training included with this certification?
No this is just for the exam. If you’d like tracking please choose a track.
What is exactly is on the Certification Exam?
- Movement cuing: testing your knowledge on how to fix technique on basic movement patterns.
- Movement scaling tests your ability to provide alternate movements if a client has trouble with the movement.
- Mobility tests your knowledge of flexibility training and mobility training.
- Anatomy tests human anatomy (muscles, bones, joints.)
- Programming tests your ability to write a workout provided a set of requirements.
- Personal Training Knowledge tests your knowledge of principles of training, exercise mechanics, and common items that everyone should know (e.g. What is a metcon?)
How is the Certification administered?
The Exam is 1.5 hours long, and you’ll need to receive a score of at least 50% to receive the certification. A passing score on the Level 1 Coaching exam is required for all Sand & Steel Coaches to begin training. The technique section is 20 minutes long and involves you actually lifting barbells and kettlebells and demonstrating technique. The other 7 sections are done on a computer.